Saturday, March 19, 2011

Spending time with others first

So last night DW and I were having a serious talk about our relationship. And she pointed out how I have been choosing to spend time with my friends over spending time with her. DW pointed out that when it came down to if they would choose to spend time with their family or spend it with friends such as me and they would choose their family's. I thought about all of my friends and what they're actual decision would be and it would NOT be choosing me over their family. I felt completely disgusted with my behavior over the past 6 years. I can't believe how much I have chosen to avoid spending time with my wife. I have looked for someone else to fulfill that need. I have been in a delusional world where my friends are my main support system instead of my wife, who started as my best friend. I know that my spouse should be my #1 confidant and support system it is just sad that I have forgotten who my best friend was.

No comments:

Post a Comment